Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2022
Within Tanzania , Arusha , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries.
We are looking to appoint kind, compassionate and highly motivated individual to be part of a wonderful team of dedicated and caring staff whom together will create a safe and clinical excellence Maternity Centre. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, then this job is for you! We offer continual learning supported by dedicated nurse educators who assist in the provision of training.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out general cleaning of the wards and its surrounding
• Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads; dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly
• Transport patients in wheelchairs or on movable beds around the hospital
• Move medical equipment between wards, departments and theatres
• Maintain stocks of clean clothing and linen for patients
• Remove soiled clothing and linen items for cleaning to the laundry
• Lift and turn patients
• Restocking the ward
• Assist with taking samples and collecting results from the lab
• Assist in giving patients bed baths or helping up to the bathroom
• Assist with changing Chlorine water, soapy water and clean water in sluice room, for the disinfecting of instruments and keeping it tidy
• Adhering to infection control procedures
• Assist with Autoclaving of instruments
• Assisting with Health Education for patients when appropriate
• Complete data collection sheets as required
• Perform any other related duties as required by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
• Holder of an Ordinary Secondary School (O-level) Certificate
• Working experience in a similar role is Preferable.
• Must have a Pre-Nursing Certificate from recognized institution.
• Basic Medical Knowledge
• Knowledge of Safety and Sanitation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to email@example.com. Application should be sent by 15th January, 2023. If you do not hear from us within a week from the closing date, please consider your applications unsuccessful.