REPORTING TO: Head – Bancassurance
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Sales and Marketing of Health and Life Insurance Products
DEPARTMENT: Retail Banking
REGION: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK:
8am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Additional hours as required by workload
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible to grow and manage Bancassurance portfolio and to identified business opportunities for all lines of business; to provide leadership and direction to the business development team including business retention thus achieving the delivery of
the Business Budget as well as ensuring sustainable and profitable business operations.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Handle Corporate (CIB) and Retail portfolio with the new and renewal target.
• Maintaining, Generating and managing existing and new businesses by contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
• Negotiating Insurance terms with Insurers and coordinating the re-insurance arrangements by developing quotes and pro posals for clients.
• Designing and developing Health and Life Insurance products in collaboration with insurance partners to be sold in the insurance market.
• Serving Clients Health and Life Insurance needs including negotiation, placement of covers and after sales services.
• Enhancing a health relationship between Bancassurance and Exim Bank Relationship Managers and Branch managers in execution of insurance business.
• Validate all proposals/inquiries/quotations received directly or through the selling outlets for compliance.
• Prepare various analytical business reports and advising the Head Bancassurance on the way forward. Prepare and submit weekly, monthly & quarterly reports.
• Develop sales strategic initiatives for Health and Life products and execution.
• Underwriting and claim procedures on Health and Life insurance products.
• Supervise all the insurance specific personnel in all the branches and assist them in selling Health and Life insurance products and services.
• Conducting business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services. Initiate, develop and maintain quality long term business relationships with clients to ensure high renewal of business based on the service plan.
• Receive, record, resolve & respond to clients’ issues/queries to their satisfaction and within the stipulated period.
• Manage relationships with customers, branch, and other stakeholders.
• Co-ordinate training on general insurance products.
• Manage all risks related to general insurance products.
• Prepare and deliver renewal reminders before expiry of scheme.
• Regular client service visits, sta benefits presentations, face time with clients and members, health talks, member education drives and sta presentations.
• At least 5 years’ work experience in in the Insurance Industry with a key focus on Health and Life Insurance Products.
• Excellent knowledge of Health and Life insurance products and processes, regulatory requirements as well as ability to drive business performance and revenues
• Good interpersonal and management skills
• Good understanding of customer segmentation and needs as well as an in-depth knowledge of distribution channel strategies
• Demonstrated capacity to lead, coach and supervise team members effectively
• Visible excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
• Professional certificates (Bachelor ‘s degree or its equivalent in insurance, bank, risk management, law, actuarial science, finance, Business Administration or related field from recognized institution).
• Professional certificates (Minimum certificate in insurance/CoP).
• Sworn Declaration of good character and solvency.
• Attested declaration on solvency and non- conviction in criminal offences.
• ACII will be added advantage.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share