Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Responsible for overall management and continuous improvement of Warehouse and Logistics Operations. Ensures warehouse processes are maintained and managed to limit financial risks, including goods returns, credit, receiving & dispatch processes. Accounts for all materials and supplies in the stores facilities; audits goods received into the warehouse.
• To manage Third Party Logistics (3PL).
• Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence to all procedures.
• Optimise/improve the operational efficiency, budgets, and performance in the Regional Hub and satellites.
• Manage the infrastructure integrity and planning.
• Continuously improve and manage process flows through the warehouse.
• Ensure integration with upstream and downstream functions in Logistics Operations.
• Order Management
• Responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations of the Outbound Planners in the Regional Hub.
• Work actively with Inventory, Warehouse, and Freight teams to ensure an efficient flow of customer orders in the region.
• Work with the Warehouse/Satellite Operations Manager and Country Management to ensure processes are developed, maintained, and adhered to across all warehouses.
• Ensure standardization of local, regional, and global processes in all warehouses.
• Interface with Order Desk, Customer Service Centres, and Front line Sales Staff to ensure expected customer service.
• At least 10 years’ experience in a Warehousing/Distribution/Supply Chain environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial position.
• Prior experience in managing 3PL, as well as internal/external customer service.
• Commitment to excellence and timeliness in internal customer service.
• Positive attitude, and ability to lead through changes in a complex matrix organization.
• Strong problem-solving skills with a proven focus on business and process improvement.
• Experience in managing regional teams, would be desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Computer literacy (MS Office)