Light Vehicle Auto Electrician
North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Light Vehicle Auto Electrician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Maintaining, Repairing Electrical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of Light vehicle.
• Interpreting job requirements from work instructions.
• Identification of specifications, conditions and manufacturers’ requirements for mobile equipment.
• Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mobile earth moving equipment, fixed pumping stations, and air conditioning units on Light Vehicle machines.
• Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum machine availability.
• Completion of assigned work in a safe and timely manner, with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
• Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Maintenance First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
• Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
• Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability.
• Prevent further equipment damage/ faults.
• Complete pre start inspections, including check lists.
• Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
• Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repair.
• Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential
• Auto Electrician Trade Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
• 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for Auto Electrical
• Experience in open cast mining essential
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.