Legal & Regulatory office at Airtel Tanzania
Legal & Regulatory office
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 14 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Friday, April 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for a Legal & Regulatory officer within Airtel Money Department. The role reports to the Legal Counsel. The Incumbents will be responsible for to draft, review and coordinate execution of various AM contracts and agreements; advising on various aspects on Airtel Money products and business; Addressing AM customer complaint escalations internally and with various regulators and or in courts. Ensure business corporate compliance.
Manage regulatory compliance portfolio. Liaise with respective line management to ensure compliance, ensure proper and timely regulatory filings and coordinate relationship between the Company and all stakeholders in the sector.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1.Ensure corporate all commercial/noncommercial transactions agreements are drafted, processed within and kept in safe custody.
• Familiarize self with provision of the company DOA and relevant policies on Contract Documentation.
• Check and ensure that the set timelines and standards and adhered to
• Source proper form of documentation for each type of transaction
• ensure that drafted documentation for each type of transaction.
• ensure that drafted document covers all issues and adequately protects the Company’s interest.
2.Legal advice and solutions on products and customer escalations
• Advising business on various aspects on Airtel money products and business.
• Addressing AM customer complaints escalation from customer service for closure.
• Managing and attending regulator hearings on customer complaints and ensure smooth closure i.e., Attend all TCRA, BOT and Gaming Board Issues.
3.Support in Corporate Secretarial Duties and Intellectual property rights
• Obtain proper instructions for registration and or filling of corporate documents.
• Support in coordination statutory meetings, drafting Resolutions, and related Documents.
• Coordinate all affairs with BRELA/Registrar of companies and Registrar of trademarks.
• Register, update, renew and manage all trade and service mark of entity.
• Liase with respective line management to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
• Ensure proper and times regulatory filings.
• Build positive relationship with regulatory, Government institutions, industry and other stakeholders in the sector.
• 5.Projects and other duties
• Take on and execute specific legal and regulatory project as per business needs.
Academic and Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Bachelor of Laws (LLB) qualification
• Call to the Tanzanian Bar (BL)
• 5-7 years’ experience in handling legal corporate, contracts, banking, mobile money or commercial law
• Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of commercial law, including, but not limited to:
• Company Law
• Legal drafting.
• General contract law.
• Mobile Money or Banking law.
• Telecommunications industry structure and business models; and
• Agency law
• Litigation Management
Competencies and Behavior:
• Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business.
• Must be self-driven, energetic, resourceful, creative, and possess strong leadership skills.
• Ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the Company.
• Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
• Good organizational and teamwork skills
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
• Attention to detail.
• Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
• Excellent time Management Skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”