Learning and Development Manager job at WaterAid
Learning and Development Manager
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Want to use your skills in learning and skills development to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as Learning and Development Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team:
The Resourcing and Leadership team aims to ensure WaterAid has the people and skills we need to deliver our strategy, through effective attraction, development, deployment, reward and retention.
About the Role:
As our collaborative and creative Learning & Development Manager you will lead on skills capability building, primarily in country programme teams, management development, induction and building internal learning and development capacity.
In this role, you will lead the global work on capability building aligned to our strategic priorities, partnering with subject matter experts, functional leads, senior leaders and HR professionals across the organisation.
• Lead the articulation of the skills needed to deliver the Global Strategy, working with subject matter experts in senior roles across the federation.
• Provide advice on and lead the design and deployment of skill development solutions for all strategic aims, our approach and other priority areas.
• Lead the delivery of our Managing @ WaterAid programme; facilitating, coaching and providing train the trainer as required
• Lead the updates to global induction solutions (programmes, e-courses, guidance, processes) in alignment with the strategy and other key people & culture themes, and support induction programmes for country programmes.
• Actively work with functional leads, and regional and country programme management teams, to assess their specific learning and development needs and to support the development of learning strategies and plans that focus on developing the priority capabilities.
To be successful, you’ll need to:
• Have expert knowledge and experience of learning and development approaches and practice.
• Be a strong facilitator, highly articulate and confident standing up and delivering to groups at all levels.
• Be skilled at identifying and analysing needs, developing relevant approaches and evaluating effectiveness
• Have experience of partnering with third parties to design and deliver learning interventions.
• Be a credible advisor able to build trusting relationships with senior leaders across all the countries in which we work.
An inclusive workplace: We are committed to being an organisation where everyone is included, respected, and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate our staff, partners and everyone we work with, and create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential.
Equal opportunities: We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
Safeguarding: We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.