Lead 2 – Process Main Control
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 04 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, May 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GGML – Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) Jobs, Employment Full time Jobs Geita April 20, 2023 Mining Jobs
Tanzania Jobs » Mining Jobs » Lead 2 – Process Main Control at Geita Gold Mining Ltd April, 2023
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
3 Lead 2 – Process Main Control
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor
Purpose Of The Role:
To be able to oversee plant operations through SCADA and do necessary adjustment within the given scope to maximize plant utilization and production. Effective communication should be done by the control operator. He/she should respond to phones calls from different sections at the plant and give feedback as required.
• Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
• Possession of Certificate or Diploma in Minerals Processing will be an added advantage if any.
• Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• At least 1 year working experience in the Process Production Operations.
• Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold will be added advantage.
• General background in crushing, milling and/or processing preferred
• Exposure to gold mining industry.
Main Or Key Accountabilities:
1. Health, Safety, Environment: actively promoting discussion, awareness, and improvement of safety and environmental aspects of work practices and striving for workplaces free of injury and illness.
• Use of proper PPE as per AGA/Process plant requirement.
• Ensure compliance to process plant training and inductions such as Cyanide First Aid and Chemical Handling.
• Proper housekeeping around the plant area.
• Participate in crew toolbox meeting on shift basis (attendance must be filled).
• Continually look for hazards at the workplace and fill in the hazard report.
• Fill in the TAKE 5 safety tool and communicate with the supervisor wherever necessary.
• Respond to emergencies and coordinate communication with CCTV, ERT, scene commander etc.
2. Provide direct operational support to the process Shift Supervisor in delivering the outputs below:
• Achieving production plan targets
• Oversee all process plant operation (mill, CIL, thickener, elution, electrowinning, water pumping) via the three process SCADA screens and link directly with operators on field.
• Control mill throughput, densities, water intake, reagent dosage etc through the SCADA to maximize plant production.
• Adjust plant parameters whenever necessary to achieve the process set targets (if within the scope) and in accordance with daily/standing instructions.
• Quick and effective response to breakdowns.
• Record keeping
• Link to field operators to make sure all set parameters on SCADA are same as those taken manually on field.
• Record plant parameters on the daily log sheet.
• Record and report any deviation from targeted parameters that can hinder mill production.
• Production risk management
• The main control room operator is responsible for identifying production risks and must alert field operators.
• Escalate production risk if not within scope of authority to address.
• Breakdown management
• Accurate breakdown information must be conveyed to both engineering and production Senior Supervisor to minimize downtimes.
• Main control operator must be able to receive and give feedback on any matter regarding operations using radio call and office phones. He/she must be able to tune to various radio channels and make necessary communications with fellow workers.
• Maintaining clear lines with Metallurgical and Maintenance personnel to ensure timeous response to operational issues.
• Maintaining clear lines of communication with Emergency and Medical Staff in case of emergency
• Maintain clear lines communication with Senior Instrumentation specialist in case of SCADA faulty and other operational challenges related to process control failure.
4. Cost Control
• Reagent dosage per set point (cyanide, hydrogen peroxide and lead nitrate).
• Monitor pH to CIL circuit to avoid excessive lime dosing.
• Control flocculants addition to thickener to suit thickener parameters and monitor thickener performance to avoid cost overruns resulting from poor performance.
• Maintain safe equipment utilization.
• Ability to communicate in both English and Kiswahili
• Understand how machinery operates e.g. valves, pumps, instrumentation
• Problem solving and analytical skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Lead 2 – Process Main Control”
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 24th April 2023 at 5:30 PM
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Note On Covid-19 Prevention:
• Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
• You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com