Information Technology System Engineer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Information Technology , Category: Computer & IT ]
Computer Centre Tanzania Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
23 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IT System Engineer Profile: Maintain the IT environment of customers comprised of heterogeneous systems. The systems include Hardware, software, and Network installation, configuration, and maintenance. The Engineer will work in conjunction with the service desk and respond within SLAs. Weekly and monthly reporting is a key deliverable.
• A degree or Advance diploma is a must.
• Minimum 2 Year Experience in I.T. Industry.
• LAN & WAN Knowledge
• Networking Knowledge
• Systems and Network Troubleshooting
• Hardware Configuration
• ITIL V3 certification preferred.
• MCSA, CCNA, or other Networking certifications are preferred.
• Understanding of service desk and service delivery.
• Team interactions & Soft Skills
• Excellent Communications skills are written/verbal.
• Excellent Logical & analytical skills
• Proven Experience in installation & Troubleshooting.
• Experience with Desktops & laptops.
• Experience with servers’ installations & Set-up will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of directory services.
Roles and responsibilities.
• Designing and implementing new solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current systems.
• Installing, configuring, and supporting ICT equipment and services including routers, servers, switches, WAN/LAN technologies, Firewall devices, Active Directory Management and Technologies i.e. DNS/DHCP, Security, and Security technologies, all within the objective to maximize network efficiency and security.
• Maximizing infrastructure performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Arranging scheduled upgrades and preventive maintenance.
• Investigating faults in the network and systems both end-user devices and the backend.
• Updating equipment to the latest firmware releases.
• Reporting network status to key stakeholders.
• End-user hardware and software support that will include:
• Software Installation
• Hardware Installation (PCs, Laptops, and Peripherals)
• Check minimum network functionality to include:
• Internet Connectivity
• Access to Server Shares
• Access to network printing Wireless network
• Could you check to confirm that all users are connected to MS Office 365 (Outlook) and are all able to send and receive an email?
• Check user computers and ensure that the antivirus is up-to-date and functional Setup any new computers.
• Escalate immediately to backend support, in case of any challenges.
• A weekly report of the service rendered.
• A monthly report summarizing the whole month.
• Any other IT-related duties as assigned by the Head of IT.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV’s to email@example.com