Industrial Relations Supervisor
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek an Industrial Relations Supervisor to join them in Dar es Salaam, TZ on a 12-month contract.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Ensures Contractor and sub-contractors comply with Project Industrial Relations (IR) policies/ standards/ guidelines and national laws/ regulations.
- Acts as the primary Project interface for all IR implementation protocols
- Establish worker engagement mechanisms and resolution of issues raised.
- Primary interface between Contractor and worker forum/ committee or mechanism for collective agreements and represents Project in such negotiations if / where applicable.
- Ensure completion of necessary statutory notifications as per legislation.
- Inform Project of all Contractor activities pertaining to job opportunities, recruitment, conditions of employment, wage increases, incentive / bonus initiatives and payments, employment contracts, demobilisation or retrenchment or redeployment of the workforce, and any IR changes affecting the workforce.
- Oversee management of all IR policies and procedures including recruitment and selection, wages and payroll management including deductions for NSSF and other worker contribution initiatives, employment conditions, contracts of employment, worker grievances, disciplinary action, and code of conduct.
- Oversee workforce planning and recruitment priorities and selection activities, align, and collaborate with Project National and Local Content teams to ensure alignment with Contractor National / Local Content Plan commitments.
- Manage IR disciplinary procedures.
- Plan and oversee Contractor workforce demobilisation procedures (worker education, planning, risk assessment and management, worker and statutory notification, payment of wages and entitlements, document completion or worker employment duration).
- Manage and resolve industrial action incidents and provide IR incident reporting to Project.
- Report, investigate and implement correction and/ or preventative actions resulting from IR incidents.
- Ensure Contractor and sub-contractor and where relevant, supply chain partner monitoring is conducted according to IRMS requirements.
- Manage resolution of IR related non-conformances and field observations arising from routine and non-routine monitoring efforts.
- Provide monitoring reports to Project for verification and tracking purpose, illustrate findings and outputs of monitoring efforts into IR Performance Dashboard and reports.
- Ensure all workers complete relevant mandatory IR training.
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine IR risk areas and develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and Zero Harm safety culture.
- Adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour regarding ethics and project “code of conduct” policy