Hygiene Promoter (Interpreter) x3 at International Organization for Migration
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Hygiene Promoter (Interpreter)-3 Positions
Position grade G-3
Duty station Kasulu/Makere, United Republic of Tanzania
Durations 1 Year with possibility of extension
Position number To be created
Job family Migration Health
Organizational unit Migration Health Division
Reports directly to Senior Nurse
Overall Supervised by Chief Migration Health Nurse
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the general supervision of the Chief Migration Health Nurse and the direct
supervision of Senior Nurse, the Hygiene Promoter shall be responsible for implementing hygiene promotion activities for refugees at health assessment centers and transit centers.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
1. Support implementation of health promotion activities in close coordination with the nurse and other MHD colleagues.
2. Perform Health and Hygiene Promotion and education session to the refugee clients upon arrival at MHD/Transit Centre (TC).
3. Conduct family to family visit on the daily basis at TC and encourage family member to fully participate in hygiene promotion campaign.
4. Implement hygiene activities to parents and children to help them acquire safer hygiene behaviours
5. Assist Routine check of the accommodation and thorough inspection after meals and to ensure no leftover food is taken to the rooms.
6. Closely supervise on food preparation.
7. Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, in transit centers, camps, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water.
8. Ensure all hand washing facilities provided are properly used.
9. Daily monitor of toilet cleanliness, usage and maintenance notification as needed.
10. Ensure enough water for drinking, hand washing, and other use are available and report at once when needed.
11. Ensure proper crowd control at the medical facility for all MHD activities.
12. To perform duties as interpreter when required.
13. Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of Secondary Education with work experience in community related works or hygiene and environment areas.
• Diploma of environmental health or related health diplomas preferred. Experience:
• Minimum three-year work experience.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
For this position, fluency in English and Kiswahili are required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
nterested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 April 2023.