Human Resource Officer (Temporary Position) job at Good Neighbors
Human Resource Officer (Temporary Position)
Deadline of this Job:
19 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Kasulu, Kigoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist to prepare and coordinate staff recruitment according to organization procedures.
• Processing and managing work, residence permits and camp permits for expatriates including renewals and annual returns.
• Manage performance management process by ensuring staff performance tools are in place, appraisal documents are properly filled and kept in employees’ files.
• Assist to prepare monthly payroll and ensure statutory contributions are submitted within time including follow up of payment receipts and other inquiries.
• Assist to make follow up on leave and attendance management including preparing monthly reports, follow up on pending leaves etc.
• Manage legal consultation service from Legal Consultant including preparing contracts & renewals, budget plan and payments, communications and any other follow up.
• Managing monthly work group meetings including checking agendas, participant’s status and collecting related meeting minutes and share with line manager on monthly basis.
• Review and advise on internal regulation in compliance to government laws and regulations relating to HR, Labor laws etc. and provide answers to whenever issues occur.
• Assist to prepare and coordinate staff training, programs and development activities.
• Assist to prepare employees contracts and develop terms and conditions.
• Prepare and organize filing systems and record keeping for important and confidential organization documents i.e. contracts, reports, official letter etc. and ensuring unified filling system.
• Manage rental office issues including rent contract review, signing, renewals, rent fees, withholding taxes, documentation, communicating with landlords and other related duties as may be directed.
• Preparing budget requests, final spending summaries, official letters, expense reports etc. as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
• Bachelor degree in Human Resource or any other related field.
• Minimum of one years’ experience in HR or related field.
• Knowledge and understanding of employment legislations, policies and best practices.
• Analytical skills including ability to make analysis in recruitment, shortlist etc.
• Familiarity in NGO environment and operations.
• Skills in using HR software and systems especially in payroll, leave, recruitment etc.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills.
• An excellent written and oral command of English and Swahili.
• Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making. Strong ethics and reliability.
• Honesty, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
• Ability to multi-task, time management and adaptability to transitions.
• Report writing skills.
• Ability to follow instructions and work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with all levels of staff and other people.
• Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Ability to perform any other related duties as may be required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree