Human Resource Officer
Deadline of this Job:
10 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Human Resource Director, the Human Resources Assistant will provide HR support to the Jhpiego offices for the effective delivery of human resource services and functions. These include providing human resource support in recruitment, performance management, HR administration, and employee relations, ensuring compliance with Tanzanian labour laws and implementing initiatives in accordance with Jhpiego policies.
• In collaboration with the HR Director, lead recruitment processes including requisition forms, advertising, and screening of applications, interviews, selection and reference checks.
• Oversee the planning and implementation of the orientation of newly recruited staff.
• Monitor the administration of staff benefits
• Ensure maintenance of up-to-date employee records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Monitor the performance management processes.
• Maintain the administration of HR Policies, addressing staff grievances and in handling disciplinary issues
• Support the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events e.g. staff retreats and meetings.
• Maintain follow-up with staff and managers with submission of various documents required due to HR periodical processes Updated CV, Biodata forms etc.
• Oversee maintenance of medical and group life insurance.
• Support HR online platforms, including JEMS and iCIMs
• Oversee the engagement of Consultants and specific task agreements personnel by ensuring all laid down procedures and policies are adhered to and that the database and agreements are up to date and filled accordingly.
• Plan and oversee staff onboarding, transitioning and during staff exiting.
• Assist the HR director in providing oversight to the HR office and ensure the smooth running of the office
Other official duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
• Minimum3 years relevant experience
• Good knowledge of the Tanzanian labour laws
• Good computer skills particularly the use of Human Resources Information Systems
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
• Be of high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Passion and desire to work with people at different levels and cultures
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities, are expected to:
• Model the mission and values stated above
• Participate in the business development processes
• Contribute to the knowledge-sharing and transfer process
• Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
• Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
• Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree