Human Resource Assistant job at Jhpiego
Human Resource Assistant
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Human Resources ]
Deadline of this Job:
10 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Human Resource Director, the Human Resources Assistant will provide HR support to the Jhpiego offices for the effective delivery of human resource services and functions. These include providing human resource support in recruitment, performance management, HR administration, and employee relations, ensuring compliance with Tanzanian labour laws and implementing initiatives in accordance with Jhpiego policies.
Job Grade: 6
This job is open to Tanzanians only
• Assist the Human Resource Director and Officer in the recruitment process including requisition forms, advertising, screening of applications, interviews, and selection and reference checks.
• Provide support and administrative logistics on the orientation of newly recruited staff.
• Provide support on the day-to-day administration of staff benefits
• Maintain up-to-date employee records in both electronic and hard copy files and ensure the files are complete and all required documentation is maintained in a confidential and secure manner.
• Assist in the management of the performance management processes.
• Assist in the administration of HR Policies, addressing staff grievances and handling disciplinary issues
• Coordinate the staff welfare initiatives and all staff events e.g. staff retreats and meetings.
• Maintain follow-up with staff and managers with submission of various documents required due to HR periodical processes Updated CV, Biodata forms etc.
• Be a focal person for medical and group life insurance.
• Assist on HR online platforms, including JEMS and iCIMs
• Provide administrative support to Consultants and Work Order staff by ensuring all laid down procedures and policies are adhered to and that the database and agreements are up to date and filled accordingly.
• Provide administrative support during staff onboarding, transitioning and during staff exiting.
• Provide administrative support to the HR office and ensure the smooth running of the office
• Other official duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
• Minimum3 year’s relevant experience
• Good knowledge of the Tanzanian labour laws
• Good computer skills particularly the use of Human Resources Information Systems
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
• Be of high integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Passion and desire to work with people at different levels and cultures
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities, are expected to:
• Model the mission and values stated above
• Participate in the business development processes
• Contribute to the knowledge-sharing and transfer process
• Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
• Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
• Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36 12:00:00 AM Bachelor Degree