Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 20 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional HSE Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Project Manager to enforce the company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) policies.
• Assist in the implementation of the HSEQ management plans, HSEQ policies, and compliance with applicable Tanzanian legislation and System Requirements.
• Provide timely advise to the Project Manager and Project Supervisors on effective implementation of the HSEQ Management Plans.
• Assist to develop, implement, and monitor emergency response and management plans.
• Advice procurement on the purchase of HSEQ related items.
• Participate in project internal and external system audits and inspections (IS045001, ISO14001 and ISO9001).
• Keep and maintain OHSE records in accordance with Tanzania regulations, Company and HSEQ system requirements.
• Conduct training HSEQ related training.
• Ensure the proper use of HSEQ forms (i.e. toolbox meeting, Take-5, Hazard IDs, JSEAs, Pre-Start Inspections, Planned Task Observations, etc.) and provide training and coaching when deficiencies are noted.
• Investigate complaints by any employee relating to the employee’s health or safety at work.
• Coordinate health and safety committee meetings and Weekly HSEQ Meetings.
• Discuss safety and health as a value at all meetings.
• Set a personal example on all matters of health, safety, and environment. Live and visibly demonstrate CMS values.
Knoweldege and Skills Requirements:
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH, BSC, SAMTRAC)
• Tanzania national occupational health and safety course (NOHSC) Levels I and II qualification.
• Relevant experience with Management System Internal Audit Training (IS045001 and ISO14001)
• A minimum of three years’ experience working in a similar role in Mining Environment.
• Strong communication, Presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Skill in performing on-site HSEQ inspections.
• Good computer skills and related applications (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Ability to develop and implement safe work procedures and conducting accident investigations.
• Willingness to work in a remote location.
• Knowledge and understanding of local, safety, environmental, and health regulations and procedures.
• Valid Tanzanian or International manual vehicle driver’s License.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to email@example.com
Deadline is ONE weeks from the first appearance in newspaper!
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.