Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Supervise work at all levels (receptionists, kitchen staff, maids, office employees etc.) and set clear objectives.
• Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
• Manage budgets/expenses, analyse and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
• Develop and implement an intuitive and efficient marketing strategy to promote the hotel’s services
• Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
• Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
• Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
• Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards.
• Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
• Fluent in English.
• Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
• Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
• Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
• Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
• Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail