Ref. No.AB. 19/114/01/82
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Makutano – Nyamuswa – Ikoma gate road to Bitumen standard (135km); lot 2 Sanzate – Natta section (40km); Contract No TRD/HQ/1042/2019/20.
As a measure to strenghten capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Mara, on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizen to fill the Vacant post for the specific duties on short term basis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the vacancy in the region. Successiful applicant must be ready to work for considerable length of time in Bunda and Serengeti Districts within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year, renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
POSITION TITLE: HIGHWAY ENGINEER (1 POST).
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicant must be ready for long working hours including Weekends and Public Holidays. He/ She must be willing to work for considerable length of time away from their permanent stations with minimum supervision.
Reports to the Resident Project Manager.
- Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil or Highway Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution.
- Must be registered as Professional Engineer with ERB.
- A postgraduate Qualification in Highway Engineering and Experience in Contract Administration under FIDIC/PPRA Conditions of Contract will be an added advantage.
- A National form IV/VI certificate.
- Work Experience:
- He/she must have a minimum often (10) years of specific experience related to Road/Bridge Design and Construction Surfacing.
- He/she must have served as a Highway Engineer on two (2) Paved Road Construction Projects of Similar Magnitude and Complexity in the last ten (10) years.
- In additional, he/she must have a working experience of at least three (3) years in Sub-Sahara Countries
- Must be Computer literate.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
His/her duties shall comprise road survey, construction of pavement structures, measuring of quantities and management of site operations.
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications enclosing with their detailed and signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant Education, Professional certificates and birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and E-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below by or on 21thJanuary, 2023 Applications via E-mails, hand delivery and fax will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 81,
Musoma – Mara.