Health Informatics Developer-Head Office job at PACT Tanzania
Health Informatics Developer-Head Office
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent velhood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit: communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership of their future.
Past enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Past accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Part Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill the following two (2) vacant positions for the ACHIEVE Teal Project with details
The Health Informatics Developer under the supervision of the Senior Health informatics Developer will asset to develop, manage, and maintain all data management systems including GIS mapping. He/she will take part in doing requirements analysis for the systems to be developed internally and/or extemaly. He/she will also contribute to building the capacity of the project and LPIP staff in data visualization, and Interpretation and promoting the culture of data use for decision-making in the project. Health Informatics Developer will be responsible to provide backend technical support to LPIPs and LPs including troubleshooting and fading bugs. Hersh will also take part in training staff on the use of the developed data systems for data collection and data management. He/she will also be involved in the technical documentation of the project which includes but is not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, Data dictionaries, data mapping, AP, etc. He/she will also be involved In data reviews and report preparations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Health Informatics Developer must develop a close working relationship with partners and LIPs. Haishe will be responsible for:
• Aalst Sr. Health Informatics Developer in the development and maintenance of the projects data systems
• Benerate data reports from the data management systems to provide the program start with outputs on time for daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports
• Provide system backend technical support to LPPs and LPs Including troubleshooting and fhing system bugs.
• Develop data systems and data documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) data dictionaries, and APIs.
• Liaise with the Sr. Health Informatics Developer and other members of the M&E team to coordinate and streaming information systems, mapping, and project mislead initiatives with M&E and Research activities of the project.
• Develop forms in DH182. Run data quality checks and data downloads for required reports and data requests.
• Program tools in mobile apps and review them occasionally as needed to ensure efficient data capture
• Provide necessary support to LPIPs on data management and reporting systems.
• Liaise with Senior Health Informatics Developer as necessary to ensure that the M&E Unit is meeting the data management needs of the program
• All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Health Informatics or a related field
• Experience in developing native mobile applications is political
• At least 3 years of work experience supporting data management systems Experience in working with different database technologies (RDBMS, NO-SQL etc.) Experience working with the DHS2 application will be an added advantage
• Experience with PEPFAR30-funded projects in Tanzania will be an added advantage
• The candidate should have experience in training/workshop facilitation, particularly in electronic data collection
• Proven skills in designing and building native mobile applications
• Proven skills in designing and developing web application
• Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies, and community members.
• Excellent time management, people, and partnership skills
• Excellent English writing skills
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 30%
• Experience overseeing and coordinating with fald offices le preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online through humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications ent entre will be reviewed.
The closing date for application is on 28th February 2025.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political milation,arantation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, ship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tabasse use (except in the workplace) membership in an employes organization, or other protected
Classifications or non-merit footers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Pact Tanzania visit: http://www.pactworld.org/country/tanzania