Head of Information Technology and Innovation
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
To formulate an IT business model and strategy in alignment with the overall organisational strategy; contributing to strategy formulation and enabling organisation wide adoption.
• Provide Technology leadership, direction and innovation to the product unit aligned to the business’s strategy.
• Provide product unit’s executive team with the appropriate leadership on the nature of trade-offs required to achieve customer outcomes
• Define world class strategic architecture and roadmaps.
• Fully integrate into the Product unit’s executive team and commit to agreed business outcomes
• Provide clear strategic direction to the technology teams you are leading.
• Align and contribute to Technology leadership for the broader firm.
Technology People Management
• Management of both internal and external resources in your team to achieve agreed outcomes.
• Build diverse, high performing teams that support delivery of business outcomes which are best practice in a global context
• Embed strong talent management practices and be responsible to build exciting career paths for your people.
• Ensure that your teams are technically up to date in line with future skill requirements.
• Responsible for overall team health
Stability of systems/applications
• End to end accountability of reliability of systems/applications in your space – this includes any services (internal or external) required to support the applications.
• Elimination of single points of failure and ensuring that all critical process flows are isolated on own infrastructure.
• Ongoing optimization and improvements.
• End to end monitoring of all services.
• Full resilience for all services that are tested in line with policies.
• Applications are up to date, all critical patching done and operating on supported infrastructure.
• Single point of contact on Product Unit’s Exco for all technology enabled data related activities.
• Responsible for putting availability of appropriate data and data related tools front and center for all new technology implementations to allow for data driven insights and commercial value from data
• Single point of contact on Product Unit’s Exco for all security/cyber related activities.
• Responsible for secure build of all new technology.
• Responsible for ongoing protection against potential cyber-attacks and security vulnerabilities
Technology Cost and Business Management
• Participate in BU Exco to prioritize and outline trade-offs related to technology spend for both strategic and ongoing technology requirements
• Providing the business with affordable, scalable technologies in line with business objectives.
• Constantly looking for ways to innovate and optimize
• Driving input for both capex and opex required for technology as part of Product Unit’s financial plans.
• Manage the end to end technology cost for your business to the agreed budgets and plans.
• Full asset management (hardware and software) for your business.
• Manage critical vendor relationships.
Delivery of new technology Solutions (Changes)
• Work with EXCO colleagues to enable the delivery of end to end business transformation, taking accountability for the design and delivery of agreed technology
• Delivery of all changes in line with strategic architecture and roadmaps.
• On time on budget delivery of all change initiatives in your business unit
• Enable straight through processing (STP) and digitization of clients’ journey in your business unit.
• Embedding new ways of work such as Agile and DevOps.
Risk Management and Compliance
• Drive a culture of risk management and compliance.
• Ensure teams adhere to Group-wide policies and procedures
• Pro-active management of risks and issues.
• Timeous resolution of audit and control issues.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment at executive management level
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree