Head of Administration, Procurement and Logistics
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Career with BRAC Tanzania Finance Tanzania
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflictprone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the nonprofit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC TANZANIA FINANCE LIMITED (BTFL) is the largest Microfinance organization in Tanzania with a mission to responsibly provide a range of financial services to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard-to-reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically.
BRAC Tanzania Finance LTD is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Job Title: Head of Administration, Procurement and Logistics
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
To ensure efficient, effective and timely administrative, procurement and logistical support to the organizations’ operations while complying with the relevant policies and procedures
• Take overall oversight, planning and supervision of the procurement, administration and logistics function.
• Ensure all the international staffs are having valid authority to work and reside in Tanzania, and timely renewal of new permits. Ensuring smooth and timely visa processing while inviting guests into the country, provide them with special guide while in-country in terms of safety, security and movements.
• To spearhead, develop, review and ensure efficient and effective implementation of administrative, procurement and logistical policies and procedures of the organization.
• Take lead in the development, review and update of the procurement, administration and logistics policies and procedures to match with the economic environment.
• Take lead in the development of a yearly procurement plan and ensure effective implementation of the plan.
• Develop, review and update list of prequalified potential and credible suppliers of goods, services and works.
• To ensure transparency, fairness and highest level of Integrity in
all sorts of procurements and logistics support in line with procurement principles and best practices
• To confirm all kinds of materials are procured as per the demand from the user department and negotiate with the bidders to ensure value for money.
• Identify suitable business, branch premises and work with legal department and management to negotiate and finalize leasing/tenancy agreements, ensure the building meet the construction and regulatory standards, well maintained, secure and satisfies health and occupation guidelines.
• To efficiently and timely procure quality materials, Items and services from competent sources.
• In charge of all organization assets, properties and business premises, furniture, equipment, fittings, stationery and other supplies through safe keeping, updated asset inventory registers and records, maintenance, repairing, replacement and disposal of obsolete and unusable items.
• In charge of all logistics support and other relevant facilities and ensure a safe and friendly work environment and travel arrangements. In charge of motor vehicle fleet usage, allocation and maintenance, arrange for travel and all requisite documentation like visa, air tickets, hotel bookings etc.
• To organize trainings, orientations and workshops for staff development within the department and timely asses the departmental staff performance.
• Spear head procurement of security services; ensure both physical and automated security systems are effectively performing to secure work place and safety of all assets, clients and staff.
• Interface with the utility companies to ensure there are no business disruptions due to power, water, and telephone and postal services challenges and ensure timely restorations in case they arise.
• Supervision of other administrative support staff like drivers, cleaners etc to ensure smooth operations, clean work environment.
• Advice management on procurement, logistics and Administration matters and provide routine reports, updates and escalate all issues with potential to disrupt smooth business operations.
Safeguarding job responsibilities
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the program’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement, Supply chain, Public Administration. MBA and a Procurement professional certification are an added advantage
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field of procurement, logistics and admin preferably in the financial sector.
• Preferably 2+ years’ experience as Head/Deputy Head of Admin and Procurement, preferably in any financial institution.
• Have led a team of more than 20 staff.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and negotiation skills
• Results oriented individual with ability to deliver good quality work timely
• Strong analytical, planning and forecasting skills
• Strong finance & budgeting skills
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Capacity to monitor large volume of operations, capacity to take high level responsibilities and to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Experience of management of diverse workforce including effective performance management and utilization of capacity building, coaching, and mentoring skills
• Proactive in identifying and addressing issues
• Patience and a sense of humor
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email at: email@example.com with a subject “Head of Administration, Procurement and Logistics”.
Application deadline is 18.02. 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System