Head, Human Asset Management & Admin
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Mtwara , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Drive the implementation of approved HR and Administration policies to ensure efficient management of human and material resources in the Company.
• Ensure adherence to approved best practices in HR & Administration policies, procedures, and processes and instil the Organisation’s culture and values in all staff.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee the implementation of Dangote Cement Plc (DCP) and Dangote Cement Limited, Tanzania (DCLT)’s approved HR and Administration programs in the Company.
• Communicate DCLT’s overall objectives to subordinates and ensure mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities in the Company.
• Articulate the department’s plans, ensuring alignment with country-wide programs and objectives.
• Oversee the use of approved systems/ framework to support recruitment, learning and development, career and performance management, labour relations, compensation & benefits’ activities in the Company.
• Resolve HR issues in the Company and escalate to the Plant Director or CEO as may be necessary.
• Oversee collation of staff vacancies in the Company, verify and forward to relevant Head Office department.
• Provide guidance on the implementation of approved career and performance management practices in the Company.
• Assume overall responsibility for timely payment of all contract and temporary staff in the Company.
• Monitor periodically to ensure maximum participation in scheduled training activities for Company employees.
• Drive the implementation of a first-class maintenance and management culture for all office and residential buildings in the Company’s portfolio.
• Monitor to ensure conformance of the Company’s facility management practices to approved Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
• Conduct periodic inspections to examine the conditions of the Company’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Drive the implementation of the organisation’s fleet management and operations plan to meet current, emerging and future transportation needs.
• Oversee the Company’s fleet (official and pool vehicles) to ensure optimal usage and functionality and minimize vehicle downtime.
• Perform periodic checks to ensure the relevant security controls are in place in the Company.
• Escalate administrative issues to the Country CEO or relevant Head Office function for speedy resolution.
• Manage the department’s budget and approved expenditure as defined in the manual of authority.
• Obtain information from unit heads on HR and Admin activities, review and collate for periodic management reporting.
• Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Country CEO or Group Chief HR Officer.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a Social Sciences or related discipline.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience with at least four (4) years in a senior management position.
• Masters in Business Administration or Postgraduate degree in Human Resource Management or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualification in Human Resource Management e.g., Senior Professional in Human Resource Management (SPHRM) will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• Sound knowledge of DCP and DCLT’s business operations, products, and service offerings.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Human Resource Management principles, processes and techniques covering areas such as organisation development, manpower planning & recruitment, learning & development, performance & career management, leave management, compensation & benefits, reward & recognition, issues resolution, retention & exit management etc.
• Deep appreciation of local and global industry Human Resource Management best practices.
• Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
• In-depth understanding and hands-on experience in HR strategy implementation.
• Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in the country.
• Knowledge of relevant applications to support HR and administration operations.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Sound communication and networking skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Decent business writing skills.
• Good supervisory, coaching, and mentoring skills.
• Robust ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.