Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Grants Specialist position. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam and will be responsible for providing support to the grants team on all matters related to the implementation of the grants program.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the Grants Manager in maintaining confidentiality and providing prompt and accurate responses to applicants and interested parties during the solicitation process.
• Perform background and verification checks on individuals and organizations in accordance with donor requirements.
• Support partners in preparing monthly invoices and reports, ensuring compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
• Review partner invoices for compliance with contractual requirements and assist with managing partner fund requests and projections.
• Conduct partner training on invoicing, reporting and compliance as needed.
• Monitor grantee implementation of activities, maintain grant records and assist with partner closeouts.
• Assist the Grants Manager with tracking grant budget expenditures and compliance.
• Support implementation, and monitoring of individual grantee work plans via regular check-ins with project administration, field technical staff, grantees, and the Grants Manager.
• Keep records of grants, such as copies of filed reports, materials used for grant proposals, and other grant documents.
• Conduct field visits as needed to monitor grantee activity implementation. Ensure that the implementation of activities is in accordance with the agreement.
• Help with partner closeouts. Assist the grant managers in preparing closeout letters and memorandums during the partner closeout stage and follow up on the required documentation.
• Performing any other duties that the grant manager may assign.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or a related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working with USAID projects or related donor-funded projects. Knowledge of USAID policies, guidelines, rules, and regulations
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good record management, documentation, and filing skills
• Good skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and emailing.
• Ability to work in partnership with local communities and NGOs as appropriate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 3, 2023. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.