Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Grants Assistant position. The position will be based in Iringa and will be responsible for assisting the Grants Manager of the activity in performing routine grants management duties and assisting with partner administrative tasks. Provide initial support to the grant manager on all matters related to day-to-day grant management processes.
• Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, business administration or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience working with USAID projects.
• Good reading, writing and speaking good English language.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good record management, documentation and filing skills.
• Good skill of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and emailing.
• Ability to work in partnership with local communities and NGOs as appropriate.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Assist the Grants Manager during the solicitation stage, which includes putting together all the concept notes or grant applications ready for initial screening by the Grants Manager before being presented for technical review.
• Maintain grant files and ensure they include all necessary documentation, including proposal and competition records, USAID approvals, and implementation and monitoring reports, grantee final reports, deliverables, and closeout documentation are on file. Both soft and hard copies
• Assist partners in the preparation of monthly invoices and reporting and ensure all supporting documentations are attached and compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
• Assist the Grants Manager with all clerical tasks such as scanning, copying, filing, and sorting monthly partner documents, and other required submissions.
• Assisting the grants office with partners’ site visits and verifications when necessary and gather necessary documentation from partners to speed up invoice payment processing.
• Assisting Grants Manager on sending monthly reminders to partners on submission of monthly invoices, implementation reports and other financial reports. Making sure that invoices are submitted on timely manner for processing. In addition, he or she will be responsible for following up on partners’ pending responses to queries resulted from reviewed invoices.
• Assisting the Grants Manager and making sure that all approved invoices are organized and submitted to the accounts department for payment. In addition, he or she will be responsible for maintaining the weekly partners’ invoices and ensuring that payments are well captured in the subaward tracker.
• Handling basic issues related to partners’ invoices and administrative issues assigned by the supervisor
• Manage the physical files and make sure all necessary documentations are arranged in an orderly manner.
• Assisting the Grants Manager in conducting one-on-one basic partner trainings on the preparation of invoices and other trainings on USAID rules and regulations.
• Assist the Grants manager with collecting and organizing grant vouchers, grantee contributions, reports, and proper office file maintenance.
• Assist the Grants Manager in uploading Grants documents into the required grants systems.
• Performing any other duties that the grant manager may assign.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 3, 2023. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.