ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Engineer – UG Drill & Blast
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Engineer 2 – UG Drill & Blast
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Overseeing the technical designs, implementation, and monitoring of all UG drill and blast activities on site. Continually evaluate drill and blast performance and initiate improvements to achieve key outcomes.
- BSc. in Mining Engineering.
- Must possess a valid Blasting Certificate.
- At least 1-2 years of Drill and Blast experience – Practical experience of using advanced drill and blast software
- Exposure to Electronic/Digital Blasting Systems
- High level of computer literate with specialized mining software like Aegis, Vulcan, Data mine.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues at working place; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
Planning and Execution
- Develop underground mine designs
- Monitoring plan compliance.
- Prepare daily and weekly production reports
- Prepare reports, schedules, and plans in accordance with the site Production Plan requirements
- Perform general administration duties for the project team and participate in site audits as required.
- Efficiently preparing and managing a variety of correspondence relating to Drill and Blast.
- Report all safety and production indicators related to Drill and Blast.
- Ensure all statutory reporting requirements are met in relation to safety and environmental incidents within established deadlines within the department.
- Responsible for all QAQC monitoring and data capturing relating to Drill and Blast.
- Report all Drill and Blast QAQC deviations and corrections.
- Attend weekly safety meetings with contractors and fellow staff; and ensure the agreed action plans are met and outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
- Adhere to GGML safety and health policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company environmental standards.
- Work with your fellow engineers, specialist, superintendent, and manager to assist in compiling of the monthly progress reports relating to Drill and Blast.
- Proactively monitor design compliance by regular inspection of all drill and charge up plans.
- Pre & Post blast analysis of all activities and check against Drill and Blast QAQC data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.