Generator – Auto Electrician
North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Generator Auto Electrician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Troubleshoots and repairs alternating current electrical systems on generators, automatic transfer switches, generator controls and engine related mechanical failures; and performs routine preventative maintenance, oil and filter changes and inspections on all Mine generators.
• Maintains inventory of spare parts and initiates procurement of replacement supplies and equipment as necessary; makes cost and material estimates; collects data for preventive maintenance system; maintains activity logs and completes work orders and reports as needed
• Inspects maintains and repairs generator sets and diesel driven pumps
• Overhauls and rebuilds generators
• Handle responsibilities of maintaining logs, records and various files related to technical information
• Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
• Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability.
• Prevent further equipment damage/ faults.
• Complete pre start inspections, including check lists.
• Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
• Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repair.
• Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential.
• Generator Auto Electrician Trade/ Auto Electrical Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
• 2-3 years in a Generator Auto Electrician role responsible for Generator systems
• Knowledge of diesel, gasoline, natural gas, propane driven internal combustion engines
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.