Food & Beverage Manager job at TUI Blue Bahari
Food & Beverage Manager
TUI Blue Bahari
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TUI Blue Bahari Zanzibar
TUI Blue Bahari Zanzibar is a luxurious resort set on the beach of Kiwengwa on the North East Coast of Zanzibar.
Join TUI BLUE Hotels as a Food & Beverage Manager where you will ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, restaurant and bar venues. Our Food & Beverage concept is one of our brands most signature dishes, your role is to empower your team to continuously surprise and delight guests and ensure we serve up the latest regional and international trends…with an added mix of TUI BLUE spirit.TUI BLUE Bahari Zanzibar is a local contract with an approximate start date of April/May 2023.
About The Job
• Daily implementation of all product and service standards set by the TUI BLUE corporate teams.
• You will continuously checks the quality of service and satisfaction of guests daily through a strong presence in the restaurants and bars, especially during peak business hours, maintains regular contact with guests and employees alike
• Regularly seeks opportunities to improve service quality in general and improve efficiency whilst detecting and any shortcomings in the service and develops measures to address them.
• Ensures that all service personnel have appropriate product knowledge and sales techniques.
• Is responsible for the regular training for employees and carries out trainings themselves.
• Ensures a perfect condition of his/her work area with regard to cleanliness, safety in accordance with the national regulations, order, maintenance of the equipment and the service material as well as their care.
• Implements all rosters of his/her work area, taking into account the forecasts for occupancy and events.
• Checking, in cooperation with the chef, that menu pricing calculations are in proportion to the budgeted goods and sales figures, periodic Renner & Sleeper analyses (Menu Engineering) are carried out.
• Controls the adherence to the recipes in the bars using spot checks and monthly inventories.
• Checks and signs all purchasing and goods requirements for his/her work area taking into account the cost-effectiveness (business volume, par levels, etc.)
• Responsible for all printed matter in his/her work area with regard to layout, content and condition (menu cards, buffet signs, posters & flyers for special promotions, etc.), CI complies with the trademark specifications.
• Monthly evaluation and commentary of departmental reports on sales and costs, submits proposals to the General Manager to increase sales and reduce costs for his/her division.
• Creates forecasts and budgets for the F&B department
• Create P&L calculations before and after special events/actions.
• Develops buffet decoration for special events, as well as table and other room decorations in cooperation with the Executive Housekeeper.
• Is responsible for the conception, calculation and pricing of all beverage, wine and cocktail cards and bar or beverage special promotions.
• Further tasks are carried out according to the instructions of the General Manager.
• Perform regular employee individual and team meetings, development conversations and performance reviews and identify additional training needs and implement relevant training to enhance performance.
• You will ensure daily implementation of all product and service standards determined by TUI BLUE® head office and the operation.
• Demonstrate your experience by following and developing recipes and the TUI BLUE beverage concept.
• Previous Food & Beverage management experience (3+years) preferably within fast-paced Hotel industry would be highly advantageous.
• In depth and proven knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and cooking techniques and nutrition including delivering with ingredient limitations.
• Previous experience with cost controlling with food and bar management/compliance.
• A strong guest focused mindset and ability to adapt is vital
• Excellent English and local language is a requirement for this role. Other European languages would be advantageous.
• A skilled and strong communicator, with the confidence and proven ability to influence and engage at all levels.
• Build and maintain effective communication across your department and with other departments promoting teamwork and collaboration.
About Our Offer
• Competitive salary, attractive company benefits as standard
• Insurance according to local laws plus Incident Insurance 24/24.
• Full uniform provided
• Return plane tickets 1x year
• On-site accommodation and laundry provided.
• Full board meals and drinks provided.
• 30 days annual leave, public holidays as per Tanzanian Regulations.
• Working Hours 48hours/week 6 days /week.
• We promote career development with wide range of international opportunities across our