Finance Officer – BRIGHT Project
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, April 24 2023
Within Tanzania , Tabora, East Africa
Date Posted:Monday, April 24 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 600 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Corporate Service (CS) Unit is a dedicated team of Finance and Administrative experts with extensive global experience. The unit leads on providing global Accounting, Finance, Budget, and Compliance, Contracting and Procurement, Facilities management and Information Management and Information Technology (IM/IT). Corporate Services team are found in Nutrition International’s Head Quarters in Ottawa, Canada, as well as within our Regional and Country Offices throughout Africa and Asia. Currently Nutrition International is seeking applications for Finance Officer Finance Officer, BRIGHT Project to be based in Tanzania.
About this role
In this role you will contribute to the effectiveness of NI BRIGHT Project through providing effective and efficient support on financial and administrative issues to BRIGHT staff while working with the Finance and Administration Manager, CO staff and Corporate Services Staff in NI’s Regional Office
• Assist the Finance and Administration Manager in the preparations of annual operational and pure program budget and expenditure forecasts for office operations and ensure that spending is within approved budget.
• Conduct 100% review of project financial documents for accuracy, reliability, completeness and compliance with the Contribution Agreement compliance regulations.
• Provide the program staff with quarterly budget variance report and track justifications for variances
• Provide effective support to project staff in understanding and implementing NI financial and administrative policies and procedures, including effective and regular use of the contracts database and CLM.
• Ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information, including reviewing financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis, and reports before they are submitted to the Regional Office.
• Ensure the accuracy of BRIGHT Project information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are always kept up to date by Project Officers.
• Support the Contracting and Procurement Officer in the process of purchasing of office equipment and supplies as per NI procurement guidelines and delegated authority and arrange payments.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Commerce/Accounting/Finance or other related field from a recognized university. A Professional Qualification-CPA or ACCA
• At least 4-year experience working in accounting and/or finance, particularly in a donor funded organization of project
• Solid knowledge of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls, in an international context.
• 3-year experience working in project office administration.
• Experience working with the Microsoft suite, especially Excel.
• Solid knowledge of accounting software, Great Plains, QuickBooks, or Peachtree an asset
• Solid knowledge of accounting software, GP and PeachTree an asset
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment.
Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Nigeria. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree