Kyosk Digital Services limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Base location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reports to: Country General Manager & Group Head of Finance
Reportees: Financial Controller; Revenue Assurance Manager; Country IC & PO Manager; Legal
We are looking for a Finance Director responsible for the management of timeline and accurate reporting both management and statutory for the country by overseeing the accounting and reporting team.
He/she will take direct charge of the provision of business planning and financial analysis, information and insights which enable the various departments of Kyosk Digital Services to make appropriate business decisions.
• Be a strategic finance Business Partner to the country GM and provide support for operations and commercial teams;
• Take overall responsibility for the finance organisation in the country and is accountable to the Country General Manager and Global Head of Finance on all aspects that pertain to the finance organisation and workings in the country;
• Lead and own the adoption of global best practices defined in the business to bring about best practice institutionalisation at the local entity and ensure that the country stays ahead of such standardisation and continuous improvement.
• Take direct charge of the system of internal controls, risk and governance with the help of the Internal Controls Manager and handle all aspects of legal entity controllership.
Budget & Treasury Management
• Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and business performance elaboration including variance analysis and actuals vs budget for the country through the Finance Business Partner;
• Treasury management and cash flow forecasting including monitoring of burn.
Facilitating accurate, timely and pertinent internal Reporting
• Make sure that all deadlines are respected working closely with Reporting and Accounting team and interlocking with operations and commercial teams w.r.t the close process and requirements.
• Provision of reliable figures and in-depth knowledge of the relevant business metrics. Analysis ranges from top-level review to detailed research
• Prepare ad hoc reports to analyse any variances against targets e.g., volume and mix analysis
• Own the periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual as well as ad hoc business review needs i.e., prepare and generate reports, templates, slides etc required for business review to track performance against KPIs.
• Prepare and distribute key business reports and analyses (Revenues): daily, weekly, monthly, YTD, quarterly, bi-annual and annual against targets.
• Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
• Performance Monitoring
o Preparation of the company’s annual budget and strategic capital allocation, working with the various operational heads
o Monitor the Company’s key financial performance indicators based on approved forecasts; and regularly
o Support in the preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Management Reports
o Production and reconciliation of key month-end reports regarding Volumes, Revenues, Profit, Variance Analysis and P&L by region, warehouse, category, product, SKU, sales agent as well as duka etc
o Organizing and leading periodic meetings with other departments, where key financial information can be shared and disseminated.
o Responsible for driving key discussion topics and agenda for each meeting
People Management and country functional leadership
• Lead, train and support a growing team of managers, controllers, analysts, and accountants as the business expands across the country to ensure strict adherence to Kyosk Digital Services standards and compliance with procedures
• Develop a strong performing team, by taking care of the career paths of all direct reports and teams
• Management of outsourced business partners; statutory auditors, tax consultants, company secretarial, legal and insurance
Ad hoc Tasks
• As may from time to time be delegated upon by Country General Manager, Global Head of Finance subject to evolving business needs
• Global Head of Finance
• Global CEO
• Other functional Heads and Managers
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
• Graduate with a degree from Accounting / Business / Engineering or equivalent school. An MBA is an added advantage;
• Qualified Accountant ( CPA (K); ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
• A minimum of 7 – 10 years in a leading Audit Consulting Firm or as a senior finance manager (in a multinational company);
• Great appreciation and hands-on experience in performance management;
• Excellent spreadsheet skills;
• Working Experience of ERP;
• Previous knowledge of Management Reporting Tools.
• Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio etc;
• Advanced knowledge of excel analysis and data modelling skills e.g., Power Query, Power Pivot;
• Advanced knowledge of data wrangling/cleansing tools – ETL (Extract Transform Load) techniques such as Get and Transform in ms excel;
• Additional knowledge of MySQL would be an advantage but not a requirement;
• Advanced Presentation skills including MS PowerPoint.
Competencies & Key Skills:
• Strong Financial Acumen;
• Commercially savvy / Entrepreneurial mindset;
• Analytical Acumen;
• People Management & Development;
• Networking and relationship building;
• Excellent people skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to perform autonomously.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders.
ETG Digital Platforms (Kyosk) is building the future of the retail of everyday essentials and access to financial services in Africa, starting from Kenya.
Kyosk Digital Services limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk, ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company of passionate and determined individuals with a singular will to win, Kyosk Digital is the organization for you.