Finance Assistant job at Aga Khan Foundation
Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
03 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Assistant is required to oversee day-to-day financial management and accounting transactions for the AGECS project. The Finance Assistant will work closely with Country Finance Manager, Senior Finance officer Grants, and National Project Coordinator to provide support to AGECS Implementing Partners (IPs) on project finance matters.
• Support in providing technical support to implementing partners to ensure project funds are properly managed to achieve intended project objectives.
• Support in the timely preparation of quarterly financial reports submitted to donor and management reports.
• Follow up and review implementing partners’ reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with financial management, donor rule, and regulations.
• Review the partner’s cash request and prepare appropriate documents for subsequent funds transfer.
• Ensure proper records, filing, and documentation in soft and hard copies of financial information for the project.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual project budget.
• Ensure project assets are well maintained and monthly timesheets are completed for all project staff.
• Support internal and external audits for the project.
• Support in ensuring monthly statutory deductions are submitted on time.
• Provide support on the processing of payments as per AKF policies and procedures and Donor rules and regulations.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting or its equivalent with strong analytical skills.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience preferably with a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) implementing donor-funded projects.
• Experience working with and supporting implementing partners.
• Competent in the use of MS Office software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc, and any other accounting software).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proficiency in English and Kiswahili is mandatory.
• Self-motivated, good organization and management skills including a demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads.
• Ability to work with multiple tasks, demands, and deadlines, with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision.
• Able to work both independently and within a team, in person and remotely.
• Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations, with a problem-solving and open-minded attitude.
• Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards toward all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organization
• Ability to explain complex situations in simple terms (Communication)
• Personal commitment to working as a reliable, honest, & trustworthy member of a team
• Ability to meet deadlines and able to organize work effectively whilst being proactive and showing initiative and tenacity (achieving results)
About the Agency
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.