Field Supervisor at Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF)
Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF)
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 05 2023
Within Tanzania , Ilula, East Africa
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Farm for the Future Tanzania Ltd (FFF) is a private limited company established under Tanzanian law in April 2018. The company has just built a 440 ML dam and installed first pivot for 60 ha maize seed production. Investment plan for coming year is to build up to 200 ha maize seed production under three pivots.
• The first 440 macadamia seedlings have just been planted, and 21,000 more to be planted on 68 ha land in 2023. Maize seed production is done in long term partnership with SeedCo.
• We are now looking for new very experienced Field Supervisors to start as soon as possible. The position is based at the company’s headquarter in Ilula- Iringa, Tanzania where the 250 ha production fields are based.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Working experience that documents major achievements in maize production preferably seed maize.
• Three (3) years working experience in Agriculture industry.
• Experience from working with a private seed company is an added advantage.
• A person with necessary experience that can build up a responsible, qualified and result oriented production team, that can include different cultural backgrounds and nationalities
• A person that can communicate with various partners to enable and ensure success
• A person that will be committed to the FFF Business Plan
• A minimum is having a diploma in Agriculture General but bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Agronomy, Plant breeding, Horticulture will be an added advantage
• Data management
• Record keeping by field
• Ability to use basic computer MS office programs
• Ability to ride a motor cycle
• Leadership skills
• Very good written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English
• Supervision of labour during planting, fertilizer application, detasselling etc
• Ensure Good Agronomic Practices (GAP) such as conservation farming, land preparation, appropriate planting time male/female, right fertilizer application rate, timely weeding, disease, and insect control strategies
• Supervise and coordinate seed production activities, other high value corps and other corps, and take care of equipment, documents and working tools
• Experience with macadamia, budgeting is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
An attractive package will be given depending on qualification and experience, but a full season notice must be given if contract should come to an end.
Farm for the Future is an equal employer regardless of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Interested candidates should submit their CV including referees’ details, motivational letter, academic credentials, and professional certificates if any to Info@ffftanzania.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.