Ferry Driver Class II
The Tanzania Technical and Electrical Agency (TEMESA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dodoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania Technical and Electrical Agency (TEMESA) is a Public Institution established by the Government Agency Act Chapter 245. Its main responsibilities are to provide Vehicle and Mechanical Maintenance Services, Electrical Services including repairing Road Lights, Repairing Refrigerators, Air Conditioners and Repairing IT Systems and Electronic Equipment, providing Ferry Services and Consulting Services.
The Chief Executive of the Tanzania Technical and Electrical Agency (TEMESA), in order to ensure that the duties of the Agency are carried out, announces temporary job vacancies as follows:
Ferry Driver Class II – Position 5
(a) Qualifications of the applicant:
• He should have a fourth-grade education
• He should have the knowledge of operating and maintaining a Ferry certified by the Dar es Salaam Marine Institute or any other college recognized by the Government for a period of not less than two years. (Rating of Navigation Watch/Refresher Rating or “Class Four with COC,”
• He should have completed a six-month training in life saving in water, swimming and organizing people and vehicles on ferries (Mandatory courses / Refresher in mandatory courses).
• Operate and guide the Ferry; ii. To give instructions for tying and untying the ferry ropes;
• Managing the safety of passengers and cargo inside the Ferry;
• Supervising the arrangement of passengers and cargo at the Ferry;
• To ensure that the ferry engine is in good working condition;
• Checking oil and other working tools; vii. Keeping a register of Ferry trips; viii. Maintaining important documents of the Ferry;
• Managing the discipline and performance of the employees under him;
• To do other work assigned by his superior.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• The applicant must be a citizen of Tanzania.
• Letters of application should be attached with copies of the relevant certificates as well as a copy of the birth certificate, two small photos (passport size) of the applicant and personal information (curriculum vitae) of the applicant. iii. Applicants who will have the required qualifications will be called for an interview.
Letters of application should be sent to:
Tanzania Technical and Electrical Agency (TEMESA),
SLP 1075, DODOMA.
THIS ADVERTISEMENT WAS ISSUED ON 13 MARCH 2023
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 26, 2023