Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania (ACET) is a voluntary non-profit organization which was established in 1985 to promote the practice of consulting engineering in Tanzania consistent with professional ethical principles and business integrity. ACET Members are Consulting Engineers who are registered by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) of Tanzania as Consulting Engineers (CE).
ACET became a member of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) in1986, which made ACET as the sole FIDIC accredited training provider of FIDIC Conditions of Contract and distribution of FIDIC Documentation in Tanzania.
Currently ACET is looking for a competent professional to fill the vacancy of Executive Director with main task of planning and executing various business functions of the Association. The competent individual will be expected to be advise ACET on short and long term necessary business strategies as well as help to shape the vision.
The position of Executive Director requires one who is a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate is expected to have a business mindset and able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
• Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
• Engage members in various events so that they feel part of the association
• Lead and motivate a ACET Secretariat team to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing team
• Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
• Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
• Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the Association’s legality and business ethics
• Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
• Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
• Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
• Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the Association
• Active engagement with key stakeholders of the Engineering fraternity
Requirements and skills
• Proven experience in managerial or leadership position
• Ability to develop profitable strategies and implementing vision
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
• Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
• Understanding of corporate governance and general management best practices
• An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
• Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration or relevant field.
• Postgraduate qualification in business administration or relevant field is added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter including updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as relevant certificates by email to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com no later than February 10th, 2023 at 16.00 hours.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Association of Consulting Engineers Tanzania P. 0. Box 63
Dar es Salaam Tanzania
Tel: (+255 22) 2131137, Fax: (+255 22) 2131137
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com