Executive Chef at Shugulika Africa Limited
Shugulika Africa Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 02 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Tuesday, May 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a young, talented, and energetic leader who can help us continue our journey of building up our
Food and Beverage program towards our vision of a best-in-class boutique hotel.
• Revamp our a-la-carte program by assessing our current menus and the competitive market offers to deliver a new unique value proposition for the local market and in-house hotel guests.
• Identify and implement local training and development needs with the Sous Chef and local Tanzanian junior team.
• Study current kitchen flow and operations to propose changes that speed up efficiency and delivery of service through proper planning and organization.
• Identify and action improvements based on HACCP standards.
• Improve existing quality, presentation, hygiene, and service levels to internationally accepted norms of an upscale hotel through continuous coaching, training, mentoring, and development of the kitchen staff.
• Develop the proven system for the above through proper roster, brigade planning, accountability, and SOP/best practices.
• Refine and finalize the various restaurant menu concepts reflective of a “beach club” hotel: lunch, dinner, room service, breakfast, tapas, and snacks.
• Successfully and creatively work around potential limitations in locally available supply and kitchen equipment.
• Provide culinary innovation in conferences, meetings, and special events to create more memorable “wow” experiences for our Guests.
• Improve the presentation, creativity, taste, and food cost – and create a differentiation from the market peers.
• A candidate that is inspired by our A Player values.
• Has a youthful and active energy.
• Has an entrepreneurial flair to help nurture and grow the business.
• Has a demonstrated track record working in upmarket hotel and/or restaurant establishments.
• Has experience and context working in Africa and understands the opportunities and challenges that come with it – including that of developing startup kitchens and local supply chain restraints.
• Enjoys training and mentoring others (as local talent will require training and development).
• Understands the importance of being a “hands-on” leader to win the respect of the TEAM.
• Has worked both in resorts and corporate markets.
• Enjoys local cultural immersion activities and integration into the community (as our market is very loyalty driven).
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree