ABDULRAHMAN AL-SUMAIT UNIVERSITY (SUMAIT),
The Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) is built on the foundation of the former University
College of Education Zanzibar (UCEZ) established in 1998 by a charity organization, Kuwait based, Direct-Aid (DA). In line with her expansion, the University is also restructuring her programs and creating positions to accommodate her current needs.
Therefore, Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and competent Individuals to fill the academic and Administrative vacant posts as follows: –
Estate Officer (1 post) Job title: Estate Officer
Duty station: Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) Reporting to: Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration and Finance (DVC (AF))
Roles & Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing, and controlling estates maintenance activities: including maintenance and cleaning of campus grounds and drainage systems.
- Participating in drawing-up short- and long-term programmes for the general improvement of the landscaping of the campus grounds and drainage systems.
- Supervising and guiding junior staff.
- Planning consultancy services activities.
- Maintaining coordinative work contacts with building and maintenance staff of the Estates Department.
- Preparing and compiling budget estimates for capital development.
- Coordinating the preparation of the physical master plan.
- Coordinating the effective maintenance and rehabilitation of the infrastructure; and Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by one’s reporting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by direct supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
Holder of a bachelor’s degree in, Environmental Engineering, Architecture, Building Economics, Civil Engineering, OR Land Management and Valuation. Preferably be registered as a professional Engineer/Valuer with the relevant Authorities. Relevant work experience of three (3) years
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV.), certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Applicants should apply to the strength of the information given in this advertisement
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), otherwise, your request will not be considered.
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal actions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Salary and Remunerations
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT) offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s Salary Scales.
Applications should be addressed to:
Abdulrahman Al-Sumait University (SUMAIT),
P.O. Box 1933,
Email: [email protected]