Fly in/Fly out rotation from Dar Es Salam
Preconstruction roster of 8 weeks on / 3 weeks off
Post construction roster of 6 weeks on / 2 weeks
Company accommodation provided.
Level of the position: Mid Management
Requirements: 13 days a fortnight, 12-hour day whilst on duty.
About the role:
The role of the Environmental Manager is pivotal in evaluating and managing the environmental implications of mining operations on both the natural ecosystem and neighbouring communities. Their key responsibilities encompass conducting comprehensive environmental impact assessments, implementing effective environmental management strategies, engaging with stakeholders, and ensuring strict adherence to compliance and regulatory obligations. This role serves as a crucial link between the mining operations and sustainable ecological practices.
Overseeing all facets of an organisation’s environmental compliance, which includes the formulation and execution of policies, procedures, site plans, and systems to guarantee adherence to environmental laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
Formulating and executing strategies to mitigate environmental impacts from construction projects or alterations in existing operations, ensuring compliance with environmental law and best practices.
Performing inspections of all activities within the mining license and prospecting licenses, resettlement village, and other locations to pinpoint potential environmental hazards and infringements.
Undertaking research on cutting-edge technology pertinent to environmental issues, such as alternative energy sources or pollution prevention techniques.
Directing and managing the tasks of staff within an environmental department or division of a company or organization.
Devising plans to curtail greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to climate change impacts, such as effects on agriculture or the increased frequency of extreme weather events.
Administering recycling efforts, including the collection of recyclables from plant/kitchens and the design of an efficient recycling program for the company within this operating region.
Designing and managing processes to treat mine wastes for discharge/handling of hazardous wastes and/or recycling.
Developing and monitoring methods to minimize the impact of mining on the environment and surrounding communities.
Collecting samples, conducting laboratory work, analysing pollutants, identifying their sources, and assessing their effects.
Rehabilitating land, water, and air affected by mining.
Working on mine closure planning and implementation.
Tracking and recording all ESG markers for the ESG framework, ensuring high-quality data is available for the sustainability reports.
Managing and complying with company environmental performance standards.
Writing reports as needed and gathering high-quality data for continued baseline and any other studies as identified in the business.
Adhering to document controls and document registers to ensure governance of all documents and records is maintained.
Being accountable for the management of the Environmental costs within budget and budget forecasting.
• Proficiency in project planning and management.
• Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Competency in collecting and organising information efficiently.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Knowledge of various sampling techniques.
• Leadership skills with the ability to guide the team and meet deadlines.
• Analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and create comprehensive reports.
• Fluency in English is required, proficiency in Swahili will be a distinct advantage.
• Strong mentoring skills, with a focus on upskilling and guiding Tanzanian Nationals
• Advanced degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or such degree
• 10-15 years of experience in project or and team management.
• Mining or resource sector experience
• Excellent computer, reporting writing and analytical skills.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share