Emergence Response Office
STAMIGOLD Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
08 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Kagera , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
STAMIGOLD Company Limited – Biharamulo Mine is a subsidiary company of the State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) operating a gold mine. The Mine is located in the Biharamulo Forest Reserve, South West of Mwanza in Kagera Region. In order to run the mine effectively and efficiently, the Company invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following existing vacancies: –
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees and ensures all aspects relating to the day to day operation of all the Babylon Networks on site are maintained and operating to their optimum efficiency, includes both hardware and software;
• Ensures all employees are carrying out their duties diligently at all times, with the highest regard for safety of themselves, other employees, the environment and community members;
• Ensures the presence of highest level of Security; Network Security, with special emphasis on securing Stamigold confidential data at all times.
• Maintains technical support documentation for the Babylon Security System in accordance with procedure;
• Manages Security related projects as required, both in-house and outsourced. Monitor progress to ensure project delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Ensures all aspects of the Babylon system and related procedures comply with the Stamigold Security Standards;
• Provides Babylon hardware (CCTV, Card readers, K24, K32 etc) and software support for SBM;
• Ensures the resolution of unresolved local site Security Babylon issues.
• Ensures, implementation and management all aspects of the Security Babylon Network environment currently on site;
• Oversees the adding and Removal of Users as necessary from Babylon System in accordance with the site procedures;
• Ensures all the Babylon data are backed up on daily basis;
• Develops and implement governance policies and procedures;
• Develops and maintains relationships with a variety of Managers, Security staff and other key personnel;
• Provides in house staff training;
• Controls the reporting of faults to ensure the completion of repairs and upgrades in a cost effective and efficient manner;
• Reviews every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and implemented;
• Performs any other duties as might be assigned by the immediate superior.
• Effective communication;
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
• Able to complete tasks in a timely manner at desirable standards;
• Able to promote safe work practice at work place;
• Demonstrated track record of integrity and honesty;
• Experience in the mining Industry will be an added advantage.
• Holders of Bachelor Degree in either Information Technology, Computer Science, software engineering, systems engineering or related field from recognized institution;
• At least three (3) years of working experience in the related field;
• Knowledge of Babylon System or related operating system is mandatory.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• All interested Tanzanian are invited to send their applications with detailed current curriculum vitae (CV), and academic qualifications;
• More descriptions and details about all posts are available on stamigold.co.tz;
• All applications shall be addressed to the Mine General Manager, PO. Box 103, Biharamulo.
The positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
All applications should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org . An Applicant shall not apply more than once for the same position.
Stamigold offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women;
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 8 March 2023.