North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Electrician to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Effectively inspect tools; report findings and complete given tasks in a safe and a timely manner.
• Perform equipment installation and repair; and ensure tools / appliances integrity.
• Install, repair, and trace faults on HV Switch gears and protection relays.
• Install and maintain single phase motors and three phase Induction Motors 0.37kw up to 6000kw.
• Perform HV electrical devices installation and wiring.
• Install, repair and trace faults on variable speed drives.
• Accurately install, maintain, repair and trace faults on three phase motor starters, protective devices,
• DOL, Soft starter, Liquid resistance starter, Auto-transformer starter, star-delta, PLC Programming
• Familiar, DC Machine.
• Perform transformer installation and maintenance effectively.
• Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily when performing Isolation,
• Lockout, when working at confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
• Conduct scheduled equipment inspections on a daily, weekly, monthly and ensure identified defects are reported within the shift in accordance to the specific Standard Operating Procedure.
• Ensure compliance to Equipment Preventive Maintenance Schedule and duty performed effectively and accordingly on a daily basis.
• Respond to calls on breakdowns and give them first priority and manage them as soon as practically possible.
• Ensure inspection of Measuring/ Testing Instruments is conducted on a daily basis prior to use and Calibrations are performed to OEM schedule or when required.
• Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining and repairing of required equipment accurately and to OEM Specifications and avoid discrepancies.
• Ensure daily assigned Electrical tasks are implemented effectively and efficiently; and are completed to required standards.
• Ensure all required power tools and hand tools are inspected and maintained daily.
• Execute all new Domestic Electrical installations efficiently every day and ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures while working.
• Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for all Electrical Maintenance and Repair work conducted daily.
• Ensure all Equipment used is kept safely and correctly at all times.
• Optimize cost by ensuring expenditure for electrical work is not exceeding the budget; support reduction of wastage and repair before replacing parts where possible.
• Electrical Trade Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Trade Equivalent.
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
• 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for electrical systems
• Experience in HT Systems
• Experience in refrigeration & air conditioning
• Experience in installation of electrical systems for projects
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The North Mara gold mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit). The process plant has the capacity to process an average of 8,000 tonnes of ore per day.