Electrician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
JOB ADVERT – ELECTRICIAN (01 VACANCY)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Install and maintain of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability.
- Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures
- Complete required testing and safety checks on specified electrical equipment.
- Attend to breakdowns and complete necessary fault-finding.
- Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- Ensure total adherence to all safety, health, and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
- Complete modifications to electrical equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superiors
- Electrical trade certificate – (FTC/IMTT / VETA)
- Ordinary/Advanced level certificate – Form IV/VI
- Valid driving license for a light Vehicle
: 30th March, 2023.
- 3 Years’ experience in industrial electrical
- Process Plant experience is added advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate in Microsoft Package Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health &Safety Act Awareness