Electrical Engineer at Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mining
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 20 2023
Within Tanzania , Geita, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineer 2 – Electrical
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Electrical
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This is professional position responsible for planning, design, management, supervision, and coordination of Electrical power systems. The work requires use of independent judgment to solve complex technical problems which are specialized in nature on electrical power system.
The role also requires technical competencies in evaluating interconnection standards and transmission, system impact analysis, testing new electrical components as well as conducting power systems modelling and analysis, load flow analysis, and other studies of the systems to determine their performance and capacity. The role will also provide technical support services, such as assisting with implementing automation and digitalization systems and programs. It may also handle hardware and software programming and integration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered as Professional Engineer by Engineers Registration Board (ERB)
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
5-10 years of direct experience in substation design, Operational and Maintenance ranging from 415kV to 33kV, including STATCOM and Power Factor Correction Equipment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Adhere to Health, Safety & Security Policies of Geita Gold Mine and Tanzania Laws guiding electrical standards and mining industry.
• Co-ordinate all substation maintenance activities to ensure reliability of electrical equipment
• Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as equipment sizing, relay coordination, earthing including Gas Insulation Systems, electrical analysis, and studies.
• Communicate and coordinate operation, maintenance and project activities with Electrical team and other stakeholders including TANESCO and Power station O&M contractor.
• Specification development for the procurement, installation, and testing of substations equipment.
• Perform/Supervise test, repair, modification, or changes of substation equipment including STATCOMS, SWITCHGEARS, POWER FACTOR CORRECTION and associated components.
• Review new substation and other electrical design plans, shop drawings and Equipment installations and make recommendation or changes for approval to Electrical Superintendent.
• Coordinate Switching of Transmission and Distribution lines during normal and emergency operating conditions.
• Establishing operation plans and procedure and assist in power restoration after power systems disturbances.
• Creating detailed engineering scope documents from a high-level functional document.
• Complete special projects as assigned by Electrical Superintendent.
• Prepare and submit technical reports and other related reports related to Electrical Power Systems to Electrical Superintendent.
• Assist Electrical superintendent with monitoring, tracking, controlling, and reporting on projects performances, including progress against scope, cost and schedule ensuring successful completion of project milestones to plan.
• Ensure compliance with all Electrical and other engineering standards in substations operations mine wide.
• Identify training and development needs for electricians.
• Extensive knowledge of installation, operation, and maintenance of Electrical power systems from 415V to 33kV, including Switchgears, Transformers, RMUs, STATCOM, Power Factor correction e.t.c.
• Extensive knowledge in principles, practices and techniques of electrical engineering related to power systems.
• Ability to determine and implement appropriate solution in emergency situations and power systems abnormal conditions.
• Considerable knowledge of appropriate supervisory techniques and skills to manage group of subordinates.
• Ability to communicate concisely orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationship.
• Initiative and good judgement in problem solving and decision making.
• The position is key leadership role and requires outstanding team coordination, communication, management, and stakeholder engagement skills.
• Proven Ethical Behaviour and Integrity
• Business Acumen
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Engineer 2 – Electrical”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).