EHS Executive at ALAF Limited Tanzania
ALAF Limited Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 09 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Sunday, April 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Work with the other Project Managers to manage all work with required safety standards & enforce the safety regulations related to the installation and commissioning of a Colour Coating Line for AZ Coated Steel Coils, including road construction, infrastructure, new factory buildings, Pre-Engineered Steel Structure Erection, and auxiliary buildings.
• Develop and implement safety policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company standards, industry best practices, and local laws and regulations.
• Conduct safety training for all workers, including new hires, and ensure that they understand and comply with safety policies, procedures, and practices.
• Undertake Job Safety Analysis & issue work permits on a daily basis for all the work to be carried out.
• Oversee the day-to-day activities of all workmen, and ensure that they are meeting project safety standards, rules, and regulations.
• Investigate accidents, injuries, and near-misses, and prepare reports on their causes and recommendations for preventing similar incidents in the future.
• Develop and maintain emergency response plans, including evacuation procedures and first aid protocols.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of safety inspections, incidents, and training.
• Conduct regular site visits to identify potential issues and monitor the use and maintenance of safety equipment, including personal protective equipment, and ensure that it is used properly and in good condition and report to Project Head.
• Provide technical expertise and support to other team members, including mechanical, electrical, and automation teams, to ensure the project is integrated and delivered as a complete system.
• Assist in the identifying & procurement of all safety-related materials and equipment required for project work and manage the inventory of these items on-site.
• Work collaboratively with other team members to identify and implement cost-saving and efficiency-enhancing measures.
• Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or related field.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in Heavy Industrial environments.
• Strong knowledge of relevant safety regulations, industry best practices, and hazard identification and risk assessment techniques related to the project.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and safety management software.
• Ability to read and interpret safety regulations and technical documents.
• Willingness to work on-site as required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree