Job Summary: Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East Tanzania program is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma. RTI seeks a Driver to provide logistical support to the project activities for the Act to End NTDs | East Tanzania program. The driver will support the Senior Finance and Grants Manager by providing secure driving services, ensure proper use and maintenance of the RTI international office vehicle(s), assist in providing other related logistics support; facilitating travel, events and to ensure the smooth implementation of project office activities.
Location: Dar es Salaam 1 post and Dodoma 1 post
- Serve as a driver/messenger to the Act to End NTDs|East Tanzania program, driving vehicles assigned to the Project. Such a task should be undertaken in accordance with traffic laws and regulations.
- Keep the assigned vehicle (s) in clean condition and carry out daily routine maintenance checks on the vehicle/s to establish to his satisfaction that it is roadworthy and make recommendations concerning repair and service.
- Maintain the Vehicle logs in accordance with established administrative procedures of the RTI International and the Project.
- Perform such tasks as collecting and delivering documents and materials; facilitate transportation of activity materials/stationery and other Project supplies as well as assisting in following up on papers/ authorization to transport needed resources to Project’ Field Offices and in the field.
- Provide photocopying and small administrative services to the Project as may be required.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to the field activities like attendance registration, meeting venue set up etc.
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with a diversity of people and clients.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor and also by the Project Leadership.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Secondary school education with Valid & Clean Driver’s license.
- Vocational training on Basic Vehicle Maintenance skills is an added advantage.
- Very good knowledge of driving rules, regulations and courtesies.
- 6 years or more work experience as a driver
- Safe driving record.
- Ability to manage minor vehicle repair.
- Experience in Field Logistics support.
- Functional knowledge of the English Language both in speaking and writing.
Closing Date : 15th May, 2022