ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Driver – Exploration
Contract type & Duration: Fixed Term Contract (Two Years)
Reporting to: Supervisor- Field work
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The overall purpose of the role of Driver-Exploration within the Exploration Group is to provide driving services and direct support to GGM Geology Exploration team and other GGM employees within and outside GGM premises as being directed by the Exploration Superintendent or immediate supervisor.
- Secondary school education certificate/or equivalent.
- Possession of Valid Tanzania Driving License Class D and E or C
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years of working experience on exploration or mining environment including Off-road driving.
- Experience on geological sampling or other exploration – related fields work.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Good awareness and ability to manage safety, health, and environmental aspects in the workplace.
- Provide support to any other office administrative activities and field works as required.
- Collect and dispatch a variety of logistics for exploration works as instructed.
- Assist to check and monitor geology vehicles maintenance and ensure the vehicles are equipped with necessary field and safety tools before dispatch to any work area.
- Comply with all applicable AGA driving policies and work procedures.
- Participate and assist other team members to mark the cores, sampling, and packaging as well as smooth delivery of the samples at Core Yard.
- Inspect and ensure the vehicle is roadworthy by completing prestart checks and communicate to Core shed Supervisor or Exploration logistics officer any findings in vehicle.
- Ensure good housekeeping and regular cleanliness of the vehicles.
- Ensure established company’s HSE policies and procedures are well maintained.
- Supervision of drill pads clearing, and rehabilitation works.
- Good communication skills (Able to speak and understand English language).
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.