RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Driver position under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The driver will drive, maintain, and manage the project vehicle for the Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. Essential Responsibilities:
- Driving RTI vehicle as may be assigned by the Supervisor for the transport of authorized clients, visitors, goods, messages, mail, etc.
- Collect and deliver goods, mail, documents, and other items
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that it is kept clean.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Produce weekly records of mileage traveled.
- Identify any apparent problems during field deliveries and report them to the appropriate personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Secondary schooling desirable
- Proficiency in English (written/spoken) desirable
- 5 years of experience in driving a project vehicle, preferably for a USAID or other donor project
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Defensive driving certificate will be a plus
RTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may submit an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 27th January 2023.