Driver at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
|Job Title: Driver||Reports to: Admin and Procurement Officer|
|Department: Operations||Location: Kigoma|
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official overseas relief and development organization of United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and has served people living in poverty and situations of vulnerability in over 100 countries since 1943. In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and is a leader in building the country’s capacity to improve health and nutrition services for young children and their caregivers.
CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the Catholic Churches and implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance and WASH programming in Tanzania since 1962.
The Driver will be responsible for maintaining and driving the organizations vehicles to authorized destinations. Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicles, record and maintain mileage logs and movement documents as per organizations policies, oversee safety and security for vehicles assigned at all locations during travel, carry out maintenance and mechanical repairs assigned and give feedback on all necessary repairs and assist the supervisor in diagnosing and testing vehicles.
- To comply and drive CRS vehicles in town and in the field strictly observing the local laws and CRS policy relative to the use of the CRS vehicles.
- Being accountable for all spares, accessories etc fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop of field.
- To verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective job cards
- Schedule regular vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer’s recommendations or better.
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all vehicles assigned to, promptly collect used sheets to avoid loss or defacing.
- To ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded and are up to date in the vehicle log sheets.
- Carry out duties of staff transport when assigned and ensure highest quality, courteous, efficient services and safe driving for all occupants.
- To ensure that the assigned vehicle is always clean and attractive to staff, CRS visitors and partners.
Required Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Certificate Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA).
- A valid driving license Class “C” with accident-free driving records
- Knowledge and skills in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Experience in vehicle driving and repair in other NGO or similar organization
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.