District Program Lead
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: District Program Lead
Reports to: Field Implementation Manager
Supervises: ICAP council team
Job Location: Mwanza
Employment Type: Full-time
Travel: Up to 80% in intervention districts
The District Program Lead (DPL) heads ICAP programs and services at the respective council under the guidance of the Field Implementation Manager. S/he oversees all ICAP staff supporting the council level and provides technical leadership and oversight of all ICAP-supported programs and services including leading implementation, M&E and reporting of crucial program priorities including monitoring of activities under district level sub/service agreements – in collaboration with the Council Health Management Team (CHMT). The DPL is also responsible for managing communication and collaborations with the local government authorities and other key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead and oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of program workplans and other ICAP-supported implementation activities at the council level.
• Ensure efficient utilization of project resources and compliance with donor and government regulations.
• Supervise program staff in the respective council.
• Participate in strategic dialogue with council authorities on project issues
• Actively participate in and collaborate with CHMTs to conduct needs assessments relevant to ICAP’s scope and provide technical assistance (TA) to the District Medical Officer (DMO) and District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC), Council Health Management Team (CHMT), and supported health facilities in planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the identified gaps.
• Identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners in HIV and related services to maximize the impact of ICAP’s programmatic activities in the council.
• Work with the sub-awards and subcontracts officers to develop and oversee sub-grantees and service agreement plans and budgets and ensure optimum resource allocation, utilization, and compliance with donor and government regulations.
• In collaboration with compliance team, conduct program audits for subs and CHMTs to ensure effective use of project resources
• Ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
• Lead the council-level data analysis and utilization initiatives to promote data utilization efforts at all levels.
• Implement and manage capacity-building efforts for HIV and related service providers, capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship, and on-job training.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
• MD/MBBS or PhD/doctoral degree in public health discipline or Clinical Officer/MPH with significant experience managing clinical programs in HIV/AIDS
• Training and/or certification in program management is an added advantage • Required Technical Experience:
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in public health programs/services
• Experience working for PEPFAR programs is an added advantage o Minimum 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management, and M&E of HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services
• Experience in continuous quality improvement (CQI) implementation is an added advantage
Required Managerial Experience:
o Minimum 2 years of experience directly supervising and managing at least five staff in similar projects
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages in written and oral communication
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
To apply please visit: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/listing