North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Diesel Mechanic to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Follow all maintenance procedures, and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component / system / equipment.
• Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
• Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant &Light Vehicle equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
• Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
• Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
• Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality and quantity of materials/ resources etc.
• Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
• Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/ modification as required.
• Removal of pump components & replacement.
• Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Light vehicle Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
• Ensure Light vehicle Supervisor and all stakeholders are kept informed of equipment availability status.
• Identification of mechanical equipment and resources, and selection and inspection of tools/ equipment.
• Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
• Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, and develop full potential.
• Under the direction of the Light vehicle Supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel
• Diesel Mechanics Trade Certification/ Full Technician’s Certificate/ VETA Grade one.
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
• 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for Diesel Mechanics
• Experience in open cast mining essential
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.