Deputy CEO / ED – Business Development – Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Deputy CEO / ED- Business Development
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
• To acquire and nurture customers that are of strategic importance to the growth of the business.
• To build the bank franchise by ensuring that it becomes the bank of choice for players in the markets.
• To assure total business development for all the business areas within the country including maintaining healthy P&L position in line with the Group’s strategic objectives.
• Responsible for the Corporate Banking, Commercial Public Sector, Retail (including branches), Trade and Transaction Banking for the country.
• Develop sales strategies to acquire and maintain clients for Corporate Banking, Commercial Public Sector, Retail (including branches), and Trade and Transaction Banking teams.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers and prepare various vertical market strategies to enhance growth.
• Track and monitor existing and emerging opportunities and develop alliances to ease conversion, wallet share growth and service offerings to clients/ customers.
• Prepare and document all market plans and drive to convert the plans to value.
• Analyze and prepare forecasts and estimates for various selling procedures as well as measure and assess the profitability of the relationships.
• Work closely with other/ relevant key stakeholders to drive trade and other businesses.
• Provide support to Relationship Managers/ Officers in the expansion and deepening of relationships for the bank.
• Provide required training for in-country Relationship Managers/ Officers to generate adequate value.
• Develop and secure approval for the relevant business strategies and ensure effective implementation in line with approved budget
• Manage overall performance on revenue, profitability and growth of the business lines for the country.
• Ensure adequate resourcing at all levels of the different businesses and coach/ motivate employees to effectively execute the strategic decisions to meet corporate goals for the bank.
• Ensure desirable performance against budget.
• Ensure full compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements for the bank.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Country CEO or Board.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
o Target achievement versus plan (Acquisition/ Conversion of clients per month)
o P & L position
o Customer service delivery index
o Actual market share vs. target
o Attrition rate and staff happiness index
o Brand visibility
• Minimum of a first degree in relevant area of discipline.
• Masters’ degree or Professional Qualification in relevant discipline is desirable
A minimum of 15 years’ relevant banking experience of which at least 5 must be at senior management level
• Industry and market knowledge (self and customer)
• Product service knowledge (Cash Management, Credit, E-Banking, Treasury, Trade)
• Business and financial acumen
• Core Business Processes
• Regulatory Compliance Creativity & Innovation
• Relationship management
• Macro-economic environment
• Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to use these to develop new business
• Team leadership and management skills
• Strategy formulation & Business Awareness,
• Ability to Inspire & Manage Change
• Decision Making, Problem Solving, Diversity Management.