Asilia Lodges And Camps
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 02 2023
Within Tanzania , Arusha, East Africa
Date Posted:Sunday, April 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
The main purpose of the Debtors Assistant is to support the company by providing core administrative support. The person reports directly to the Finance Manager and is part of a finance team and at a strategic &management level.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
• Maintaining & updating the debtor’s records in ResRequest.
• Ensuring all invoices are send out to agents monthly with the VAT requirements
• Following up with Arusha & Kenya office to ensure that relevant debtor’s transactions/debtors receipts list from the bank statements are sent to Cape Town on a weekly basis
• Debt collections and escalations to marketing and management where relevant
• Allocation of all receipts and ensuring necessary details and references are correct and included
• Corresponding with Agents to ensure correct remittance details are provided & funds are applied accordingly
• Resolving queries from and with agents/consultants with regards to unpaid bookings, unallocated receipts & amendments to bookings
• Updating Debtors records for amended bookings, where applicable and assisting sales to ensure this is done in a timely manner
• Accurate record-keeping of payment allocations in order to prevent duplications
• Producing & distributing monthly statements to local agents
• Chasing all upcoming & outstanding debtors
• Ensuring that the agents are adhering to their payment terms
• Updating Management on a weekly basis regarding the status of the debtors particularly on upcoming bookings which are unpaid and classified as post payment or high risk
• Keeping record of unallocated receipts (Unidentified) and identify the ones relevant to Asilia
• Assistance to sales team (Direct sales mostly) to ensure all monies are received prior to guests travelling or collections are made in time and to avoid and minimize risk and bad debt.
• Ensuring all bookings are loaded correctly in the systems (ResRequest)
• Assisting with reconciling of cash and credit cards received in camps for debtors in Asilia
• Filing of relevant bank statements and correspondence for accurate and audit record keeping purposes
• Filing of all EFD invoices and reconciling with Sales Folio on monthly basis. For any variances, follow up is made with AA office.
• Assistance where needed for VAT entries relating to Kenyan KRA legislation and in Tanzania (both mainland and Zanzibar)
• Ad hoc requests and projects
• At least 2 years’ experience in the same role
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and related software as well as other accounting software programs.
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 02nd April 2023 to Jerry@asiliaafrica.com