The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Position: Data Manager (1 Post)
The post holder will report to the Principal Investigator (PI)
Duties and responsibilities:
• To develop and refine guidelines on good research data practices, ensuring that data management is integrated with existing data collection procedures for the study;
• To maintain the hardware and software related to the study;
• To develop data management and data cleaning plans;
• To set up data monitoring procedures, reviewing and analyzing data discrepancies, managing and resolving data quality issues together with the field-based staff and other staff, and writing routine reports to the study team;
• To ensure that the data collected is of high quality and is properly stored;
• To perform complex technical work associated with the installation; configuration, administration and maintenance of server systems as well as related software and applications;
• To manage and service the server and to provide direct technical leadership in the server and security disciplines; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
• Holder of a Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/ or Health Informatics is required;
• Strong management, inter-personal and communication skills;
• Excellent knowledge of server, storage and security technology and industry standard best practices;
• Ability to recognize and set priorities and to use initiative and independent decision-making skills;
• Ability to organize, direct, motivate and evaluate services team, mentor others, and foster a team environment;
• At least 3 years of work experience in data systems, programming in the health sector with health information systems.
Terms of service:
• One (1) year contract which may be renewed on annually based on performance and mutual agreement.
• The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
• A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• The application letter should be written in English.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with a reliable contact.
• Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of academic certificates, including forms four and six.
• Application letters should be attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com