Crisis Management & Emergency Response Manager at Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Crisis Management & Emergency Response Manager
Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About this Job:
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Crisis Management & Emergency Response Manager.
The EACOP Project (East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline Project) is an EPcmC. 1,500km pipeline project across Uganda and Tanzania, with a Main Storage Terminal and Jetty in Tanzania
The Crisis Management & Emergency Response Manager will provide continual development of Crisis management & Emergency Response Plan alignment and implementation with the R3 & EACOP System requirements for the East African Crude Oil Pipeline Project in both Tanzania & Uganda
Specific Roles & Responsibilities.
The Crisis Management & Emergency Response Manager duties include, but are not limited to the following:
•Work with the EPcmC R3 and Company management teams in-country to finalise the crisis and emergency management plans. Address feedback from Company and ensure plans are fit for purpose.
•Plan and implement the crisis and emergency management programme across the project from corporate down to site level, ensuring a fully integrated approach between Company and EPcmC (IPMT).
•Work with Company Contractors to confirm their emergency management plans are aligned and support the development of bridging documentation where required. Set a baseline for Company Contractors if required.
•Schedule and deliver a series of workshops and progressively more complex exercises to incident management, emergency response and crisis management teams at both project and corporate level
•Lead on development of a project-specific Business Continuity Plan (BCP), supported by EPcmC R3.
•Develop a project crisis and emergency management assurance programme.
Qualification and experience required:
Job Specific Pre-requisite Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience within EPCM or equivalent proprietary management systems and associated desktop applications for project delivery;
• Provide on the job training and coaching to local content personnel, liaising either directly or indirectly with training providers to ensure training is provided and performance monitoring of such;
• Competency within industry applications such as Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Experience in a similar role under similar operating conditions.
• 10 years’ experience in emergency management related field.
• 10 years’ experience in industry (project specific) related field.
• Previous experience engaging with multicultural contractors and the coaching and evaluation of such.
• Experience working within an integrated project team is highly desirable.
• Proven accuracy, reliability with a conscientious work ethic.
• Demonstrable success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous positions.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds.
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
• Must instill a “can-do” spirit within the team: inspiring them to produce consistently accurate results.
• Proven experience in one or more of commercial management, prime contract management, project controls, contracts/supply chain or project management
• Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
• Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, Outlook, Power point) competently
• Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to travel as and when required
• High level of safety awareness
• An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set, and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires);
• A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome
• A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
• Excellent teamwork & skills being able to work with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
• An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
• Strong Team Building, Development and Mentoring skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: email@example.com not later than 26th March 2023