Country Treasurer – Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Country Treasurer – Tanzania
Salary: Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
The Treasurer manages the balance sheet of the bank and also buys and sells currency on behalf of the bank for profit and for sale to bank customers. The function is also responsible for ensuring that the bank has a wide array of currency and risk hedging products available to customers and to the branch. The Treasurer directs, manages and controls Treasury Front Office
• Strategic management of bank’s Treasury and Balance sheet to achieve optimal profitability while minimizing risk exposure
• Sourcing for LCY/FCY deposits and investments
• Business and Product Development
• Development of Hedge products for the bank and its customers
• Maximize return on investments by exploring available instruments that are within the Bank’s risk exposure guidelines.
• Meet customers’ foreign exchange requirements by providing a competitive price and excellent service.
• Exchange Income Generation from FX trading
• Currency Trading on Account of the bank’s Customers
• Develop and Implement an Effective Liquidity Management Strategy
• Maximize the yield from the branch’s balance sheet
• Establish procedure for monitoring risks, ensure adherence to delegated/approved limits, for liquidity credit and market risk parameters and proper risk reporting.
• Structure interest rate risk to protect the bank earnings against adverse rate movements, while exploiting profit opportunities incurring acceptable risk.
• Build and maintain a foreign currency sales capability to service bank customer needs efficiently and profitability.
• Direct the management of foreign currency positions to protect bank earnings against adverse rate fluctuations, while purchasing bank and customer currency needs in efficient amounts to acceptable rates.
• Develop and operate ALCO as the primary bank senior management forum for reviewing and structuring the bank balance sheet exposures to manage risk and enhance profitability.
• Implement and monitor ALCO directives
• Maintain prudent liquidity in support of bank business needs, while investing excess funds effectively and profitably.
• Develop two-way market capabilities for the affiliate to facilitate funding flexibility.
• Ensure that all aspects of Treasury are conducted within the letter of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
• Maintain a healthy working environment that his conducive to higher productivity.
• Continuously explore ways to maximize employee benefits with least costs.
• Balance sheet management
• Liquidity management
• Deepening existing business relationships
• Maintaining good working relationship with other banks, and proactively represent the Bank
• Monitor and ensure that all Treasury activities are done based on the approved procedures,
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Portfolio Size
• Product development
• Cost of funds
• Yield on assets
• Efficient Country balance sheet structure
• Regulatory compliance
• Accuracy of forecast of key economic indicators
• Efficient monitoring of Balance Sheet triggers